Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups

I'm writing a blog post at school! Well, sort of...

Today is a testing day for the students, so I am sitting here, bored out of my mind, watching students take a practice ACT.  I decided that a great use of my time (after I did everything I needed to do for school) would be to write a blog post about some amazing Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups I made.  My only fear is that this post is going to make me drool or that the students will hear my stomach rumbling! I hope you all enjoy this random, mid-week post about one amazing dinner idea!

Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups


Ingredients:
1 box lasagna noodles (the kind you have to boil)
your favorite tomato sauce
16 oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained completely
16 oz light ricotta cheese
8 oz, plus a few tbsp light mozzarella cheese
1 egg
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp nutmeg
salt and pepper
parmesan cheese, shredded


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cook the lasagna noodles according to directions until al dente.  Drain and lay each noodle on a damp paper towel.  Cover the noodles with another damp paper towel.
3. In a bowl, mix the spinach into the ricotta cheese.  Mix in the egg using a fork and then mix in half the mozzarella, red pepper flakes, and nutmeg.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Spread a layer of tomato sauce in the bottom of a 9 by 13 inch pan.  Uncover the noodles and, using a spoon, spread a layer of the spinach-ricotta mixture over each noodle.  Then, tightly roll up each noodle and place seam down in the pan. When all noodles are done, spread more tomato sauce over the tops of the rolls and sprinkle with some mozzarella and parmesan.  Place in oven to bake for about 30 minutes.

Enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment